Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir. What even was this? It was so weird.
- I didn’t like that you create your team (or some of them anyway) rather than meet companions as you play, that made it feel like the developers had given up and were like “ah I can’t be bothered, just get them to make their own team”.
- Khelgar’s voice had changed! My best friend had a different voice! No!!!
- Suddenly I’m on a tropical island which is really unlike any other area ever seen in The Forgotten Realms, and maybe that was the point, but it just did not work, dinosaur enemies in a world of goblins, trolls and shadow kings? I don’t know, seems a bit out of place.
- The map! What was the weird world map where you walk across it like a giant and then get random encounters sprung on you?
- Why am I here? What is happening? The other expansion pack (Mask of The Betrayer) continued on from the original story but this one is like “hmmm NWN hasn’t had a tropical area yet… Tropical means sea… Sea means boat… They’re on a boat…”
- The story was about trade and sales and… I don’t know some merchant in trouble? Yawn.
Definitely not the worst game in the world by any stretch of the imagination, but disappointing? Yes.
Which game sequel disappointed you? Have you played Storm of Zehir?