Ooh, well look at that I’ve been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by The Shameful Narcissist. I have been nominated for one of these before so this is Mystery Blogger Award number 2, I really enjoy filling these out and The Shameful Narcissist always has great questions.
The Shameful Narcissist is a great blog with fanfiction, gaming and books, it’s a great read and if you haven’t checked out her blog already then what are you doing with your life? Click the link now!
Here we go…
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You nominate 10 – 20 people (eurgh, I don’t know… That’s so many, I’m going to say 5)
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s)
So what is the Mystery Blogger Award?
The award was created by blogger Okoto Enigma and in her words : “Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
3 Things About Me
- Some may know this already if they have read my Comic Con post but I can sew and I enjoy making clothes, as a result I have way too many and need to focus on sewing other things now.
- I am an aerial hooper – don’t know if that’s the correct term or not – in case you don’t know what aerial hoop is it’s a hoop that hangs in from the ceiling and you can sit in it and do tricks, I love doing it, it’s made me really strong and confident! Cirque du Soleil here I come!
- I can speak fluent French as I lived in France for 9 years. I tend to be a bit rusty when I have to speak it though at the moment as I don’t often have reason to, it comes back to me quickly though.
The Shameful Narcissist’s question
1. What’s your favorite kind of scented candle?
My favourite (we have an American vs English spelling thing going on in this post) would be the Christmas scented one, I only get to smell it once a year, which might be why it makes it all the nicer! It’s so nice and nostalgic.
2. Do you prefer physical copies or eBooks? In the same vein, do you prefer digital copies or physical for video games?
This is a good question. In terms of books I used to be very anti e-copies but then I got a Kindle when I was living in London to read on my commute and it has been incredible, I love my Kindle so much. The only problem with it is that if I read a book on there that I end up absolutely loving (as has happened with Good Omens by Neil Gaimen and Terry Pratchett, Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman, The Assassin’s Apprentice series by Robin Hobb, I could go on for ages…) then I will really wish that I had bought it as a physical copy to display, read through again (not that I can’t read through it again on my Kindle but it’s nicer to curl up with a physical copy of a book that you really love), and even maybe lend to people… If they are super nice to me and promise to be careful and give it back within a certain time period.
In terms of video games I’m not quite as fussed about having physical copies but I do still like displaying them, also the problem with e-copies of games is that I’ll often forget that I actually have them, I keep forgetting I bought the remastered Batman Arkham series for example ad haven’t tried City yet, although that might just be because I was so unimpressed with the Asylum game that I wiped what I did play of it from my memory.
3. What’s your favorite nail polish color (yes guys can answer, too!)?
I tend to go multicolour with my nails, I like the rainbow look with a lot of glitter and sparkles. My main colours are usually blue, purple and pink though.
4. Philosophical question: Do you think humans are inherently good or are we amoral (lacking morals as in neutral, as opposed to immoral, which is against “common” morals) only exhibiting them because it’s the cost of living in a culture/society and they become so ingrained that we believe them to be inherent?
I think this is very much a case of how you were raised, but then that opens up the sort of exceptions to the rule where you can have wonderful parents but their child will turn into a psycho, or a child who will go through some nasty ordeals early in life but turn out to be an incredible human being (much like The Shameful Narcissist said about Sir Patrick Stewart in her Mystery Blogger post). So I think that we are all amoral but that there is a scale of it, for example when I was little I would do things that I didn’t perceive to be bad at the time and once I was told that they were bad things to do, or realised that I had upset someone because of my actions, I would feel very guilty and would never, or rarely, do it again but then other people might not have felt quite as guilty in the same situation as I was and they would have done it again. If the world had developed differently though some of those things may not have been perceived as bad… In short I believe that we’re heavily influenced, from an early age, by other people around us, our experiences, what’s happening in the world and that we have a unique starting point on the amoral scale which moves around depending on these influences.
5. Silver or Gold?
Silver, I remember my mum telling me that gold makes you look older and silver makes you look younger so that sort of resonates in my head a little whenever I wear it, not that I need to worry about that yet!
My Best Post
And the nominees are…
1. If you could have any job in the world (from Indiana Jones style explorer to Pop Star to Journalist) what would you be?
2. Which TV show are you currently watching?
3. Would you rather be good really, really, ridiculously good looking, everyone would fancy the pants off you, and you would be able to get by in life on looks alone but whenever you opened your mouth the only thing that came out was “#YOLO” (actually saying the word ‘hashtag’) or would you rather dazzle people with your incredible personality, wit and wisdom but you have to wear a bag on your head because whenever you take it off, you still think you look totally normal, but people scream when they see you and run away, pleading for their lives? Show reasoning.
4. What do you think the best thing is about having a blog?
5. What pets, if any, do you have? Pictures can be included if you like in this, pictures of animals are always welcome on my newsfeed.
I had great fun answering these questions! Thanks again!