It’s a New Year! For those of you that were following the Creative Christmas posts I’m sorry I fell off the radar a bit after Christmas… Oops. On to the first post of the year though! This is a list of gaming goals I’ve made for myself, to be honest most of them are “finish X game” so you can all gasp in horror at some of the games I’ve left unfinished. I’ve narrowed it down to 5 because if I listed all my unfinished games we’d be here all day.
- Finish Portal 2. How I have not finished this I don’t know because I was loving it. I think it just got caught in the awkward time where I got about halfway through and then moved house so once I got to the new place I was all focused on unpacking and settling in and getting on with the new job… It wasn’t until I saw something about it the other day that I remembered it!
- Make another attempt at Bloodborne. Some of you may remember my awesomely named Bloodborne character Cleavopatra (read about her adventure so far here and here). Unfortunately she didn’t get very far in the hunt, she found her way to Vicar Amelia and died time and time again… And again… Aaaaaand again… Then just to make sure she died again. This wasn’t helped by the knowledge that Ameila is meant to be one of the slightly easier bosses (according to my other half). I couldn’t help wondering if I had been informed wrong as Cleav’s body was thrown through the air accompanied by a painful “AAAAARGH” as she died for the 500th time. Eventually my other half helped me kill Amelia (when I say helped, he basically did everything) and I feel kind of cheap about that because it wasn’t ME that did it but I am at least into the next area so… Maybe I’ll get over the fact that I needed help and Cleavopatra’s adventures can continue.
- Finish Doom. I was really enjoying this game. It’s a lot of fun but I hit a bit of a wall where I was struggling to get past something or other and I’m being stubborn about lowering the level of difficulty to help me get past it. I got Doom at the same time as my dad and my boyfriend, both of whom were playing it on the level of difficulty below me so I was being a bit cocky about that… However now I’m in a spot where my only solution may actually be to lower the difficulty and I’m finding it hard to swallow my pride and admit that I need to do that… Maybe if I just don’t tell them…
- Give The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt another go. Unpopular opinion: I’m not too keen on this game… For some reason I find it really hard to fight, I don’t know if that’s normal but I die so much that my frustration around that has started impacted my overall enjoyment of the game. It’s weird because I really like the concept of it. I love the supernatural-esque hunting of ghosts and mythical creatures, I like the spells and swords and… It just seems like the perfect game for me but I just can’t get the hang of it! In the beginning when your mentor (or whoever he is) is teaching you to fight time sort of slows as he goes to hit you and you can parry, that’s great, I can do that. However the actual fighting is not like that, Geralt is SO SLOW, by the time he’s got his sword up to parry an attack he’s already been hit and the worst thing is it seems to only be me that has this problem as everyone else loves this game! As the game is considered to be so good I always feel like I’m missing something with it so I do want to try it again. I have already tried to play this game twice, maybe third time lucky?
- Finish Borderlands 2, or at least start the third one. Again, another game that I really like. I love all the Borderlands games but I’ve only finished the first one. The problem with the second one is that I started it on PS3, then I started it again as a multiplayer game with my sister, then got it on PS4 and started a new game but decided I didn’t like my character, started again and chose to play as Gaige the Mechromancer who, at first was a really cool character but now that I am over halfway through the game, possibly near the end (not too sure), I’m finding her really hard to play. I rely almost completely on the robot she summons. I probably messed something up while levelling her but I just don’t want to keep playing as her now and the thought of starting the game AGAIN… Eurgh. I was waiting to finish the second one before I started the third properly (I’ve only messed about in 3 so far) but I might not bother waiting.
There you have it! Do you have any gaming goals for 2018? Have you played any of the above games and if so, got any advice? Which games do you like but have left unfinished?