Thank you to Megan from A Geeky Gal for nominating me! As the name suggests her blog is full of some wonderfully geeky things, including cosplay, fandom related posts and lots of merchandise ideas. She wrote the mystery blogger award post ages ago so I’m sorry I’m only just getting around to writing this!
I really love these nominations because it’s so much fun to answer people’s questions and then read the answers to yours!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny
- Share a link to your best post(s).
The award was created by Okoto Enigma.
3 Things About Me
- Well, I don’t believe I’ve ever said it before on my blog but much like my nominator my name is also Megan (although an English Megan so it’s not pronounced in the American way which makes me wince every time I hear it, sorry American Megans…)
- When I was a teenager I had a blog about baking which, looking back now is a bit cringey because I wasn’t a hugely successful cook and my writing was probably awful. It’s still out there somewhere, gone feral in the internet wilderness, I won’t attempt to find it or share the link though because I’m too embarrassed
- Fairly recently I adopted a couple of rats named Hanzo and Genji and they are very spoiled and very adorable
My Best Post
I wrote a post called Adulting and Gaming: My Struggle To Do Both and even though I wrote it back in October it is my only ‘old’ post that still gets fairly frequent visitors and comments.
1. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I really, really, really wanted to be a popstar. I had no other ambitions other than one time I wanted to be a waitress but that was mostly because in the movies they always wore cute outfits and ended up marrying a rich, handsome man (feminism, right?) Unfortunately I am not a popstar… Or am I????? (That would be an awesome twist, wouldn’t it?)
2. If you had to describe yourself using only 5 words, what would they be?
- Shy – I’m quite quiet and a bit socially awkward until I get to know people well
- Weird – In a good way, well I think so…
- Geeky – I’ll happily go on about my favourite fandoms for ages until someone shuts me up
- Open-minded – I think that everyone should believe what they want to believe and do whatever they want to do as long as it’s not harmful to anyone while respecting everyone else’s beliefs and lifestyles.
- Indecisive – This list took me far longer to write than I care to admit.
3. What TV show, book, or game has most impacted you personally?
This is a difficult one because there are so many! Books were my first love before games or TV shows so I think that one of my most read books, The Hobbit, would probably be it. It launched me into an incredible fantasy world that defined my go to genre, from that I discovered so many other books, and then games and TV shows, that have all impacted me and had a hand in shaping who I am today. It’s also a book that no matter how old I’ve been when I’ve read it I’ve always enjoyed it just as much as the last time. I can’t remember if that was my first ever fantasy book, probably not, but it’s definitely the one I remember reading the most (even more so than Harry Potter which was sooooo close to being chosen instead).
4. If you could be any villain in a TV show, book, or game, who would you be and why?
I think I’d be someone like Gabriel from Supernatural because he has a lot of fun. (If you don’t want to know anything about this character skip to the next question because I’m kind of dancing over a minefield of spoilers here) I don’t think I could ever be evil, I’d be more of a mischievous annoyance if I was to be on the bad side of anything and he certainly ticks the box there. I would also quite happily just stay out of any drama going on between powerful forces but would ultimately side with good if things were to get out of hand so I can also see myself going down his path. His episodes are hands down some of the best and while, yes he’s not a villain in the traditional sense he does annoy a lot of people. I mean who isn’t an alternating villain/good guy at some point in Supernatural anyway?
5. [weird] What strange food combinations do you really enjoy?
I don’t think that this is weird but everyone I eat it in front of seems to think it is: peanut butter and celery. I like getting a stick of celery and spreading the peanut butter so that it fills the dip in the celery. Nomnomnom…
- If you could wear any video game/Movie characters’ outfit for a day (male or female) whose would you choose and why?
- Which song would play during the credits in a movie about your life?
- Which scene in a movie/tv show always makes you laugh?
- What did you get for Christmas?
- (weird question) Do you have any weird talents?
- Emma from Emma Crafts Design
- Geddy from NostalgiaTrigger
- OverThinker Y
- Scott from Insert Memory Card
- Dan from Nowisgames
Hope you guys have fun!